- HEAT YOUR POOL – Solar Sun Rings are passive solar swimming pool heating devices, constructed from two layers of U.V. resistant vinyl. The upper clear layer directs the suns rays onto the bottom blue layer which absorbs about 50% of the sunlight, converting it to heat. The remaining sunlight filters through the ring into your pool water.
- WARMING DISCS – The majority of heat loss from a pool comes from the water surface at night. Solar Sun Rings do not cover the entire surface of your pool; therefore it allows heat to escape. To help keep the warm water in your pool at night we recommend you use additional insulation such as solar fish or a solar blanket.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED – Each unit contains 6 magnets that are used to attach the rings together. Do not over inflate. Do not use as a flotation device.
- SOLAR ACTIVATED – Use the Solar Sun Rings to provide heat to your swimming pool from the sun. Swim comfortably without wasting energy
- PLEASE NOTE – These Solar Sun Rings are NOT a solar cover or a replacement for a solar cover. These are floating disc heating devices
What are Solar Sun Rings? The Solar Sun Ring is a passive solar swimming pool heating device made from two sheets of heavyweight U.V. resistant vinyl. The upper clear layer holds insulating air and focuses sunlight on the blue colored lower layer. The blue layer absorbs about 50% of the sunlight and converts it to heat. The balance of the sunlight is allowed to pass through for deep water heating.How Do Solar Sun Rings Work? At night the contained air acts as an insulating blanket to retain heat gained during daylight. Solar Sun Rings are equipped with six magnets to improve clarity and decrease hardness of the water in your pool. The magnets are positioned to facilitate rafting. The strength of the magnets will permit single position removal but will easily separate to prevent entrapment in accidental falls.Solar Sun Rings were designed to be compatible with automatic pool cleaners. In the event the suction hose catches on a ring, the ring will separate from the raft to allow the pool cleaner to continue. Neither water nor pool chemicals can evaporate through the Solar Sun Rings two layers of heavyweight vinyl. You will save water and chemicals about equal to the percentage of the surface covered. Once the water in your pool has reached adequate temperature, Solar Sun Rings may be turned over to conserve water by limiting evaporation without significantly heating the water.How Many Solar Sun Rings Do I Need? We recommend enough Solar Sun Rings be purchased to cover 70% to 80% of your pool’s surface, ignoring the small triangles between the rings.Are Solar Sun Rings Compatible With My Pool? Solar Sun Rings may be used on all chlorine or salt water system pools, whether in ground or above ground. How Do I Clean My Solar Sun Rings? After removal from the swimming pool Solar Sun Rings can be easily cleaned with a solution of water, pine cleaner, and vinegar. Clean your rings by wiping off residue on a monthly basis with the solution to ensure the best performance and appearance.